If you work in an organisation where many of your colleagues fast, watch our guide to video conferencing this Ramadan.
If you work in an organisation where many of your colleagues fast during the holy month, you know the drill; you avoid eating and drinking in front of them. But this Ramadan is different.
With many of us now working remotely and using video conferences, there is some Ramadan etiquette you should observe on your Zoom call:
- Do not eat. During Ramadan, when you are in a Zoom meeting, do not eat. Not even those snacks you keep by your laptop!
- Do not drink in front of your colleagues either. However, if you really need a sip of water, just step away from the meeting.
- Dress appropriately. Shorts or deep necks are out.
- Scheduling. If you are fasting, try not to schedule your meetings around iftar or during prayer times. Let your team know in advance you will not be available.
- Language. No matter how comfortable you are with your team members, no cursing during Ramadan.